New Street (view 12) (Commercial Inn)
The Commercial Inn (number 94 New Street) functioned from 1825 to 1953, its last licensee being Jane Shaw. It had an unusual streetside entrance, via two sets of seven steps, with a handrail providing assistance for customers. A furniture shop/dealership, Garbutt's, was located next door, some of its wares shown in this image.
File Number: EGT779