Peel Square (11) North side : Bank & Meadow Dairy/Rentaset (view 1)
The London City & Midland (later Westminster) Bank dominated the corner of the Square at its junction with Market Hill. The Meadow Dairy Co shop had succeeded Walter Neal the printers in about 1947. . Specialist shops were then quite common in towns. Next to it was Rentaset, functioning from 1957 on this site. Renting rather than buying televisions was very popular.
File Number: EGT1025