Wellington Street (west side) : BBCS/Ring of Bells
The BBCS Fish, Poultry & Game shop is prominent in this early 1960s image, looking towards the Silver Street junction and Ring O Bells public house. The BBCS shop functioned from 1903 to 1971. A small Boutique shop operated just before the junction. The Ring O Bells dates from the middle of the nineteenth century and was a Barnsley Brewery establishment for many years, eventually converting into a 'cafe bar'.
File Number: EGT1568